Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sangria 2.0

Well, another 100 degree day in Danville...I previously posted this recipe about a year ago and thought with this crazy heat, I would repost it, as it's my summertime "go to" cocktail! Cheers!

Best.Sangria.Ever.
(makes approx. 6 glasses)

1 750 ml bottle of red*
1 750ml bottle of white*
1 Orange, halved & sliced
1 Lemon, sliced
1 Lime, sliced
1 cup granulated sugar (I use superfine or baker's sugar)
Fresh seasonal fruit of your choosing,
such as sliced apples, peaches, apricots, or mango and berries
1 shot glass of rum

In a 4 quart glass or plastic pitcher, add wine, sugar & all fruit; stir, or if pitcher is a sealed lid type, shake until sugar is dissolved. Add rum and stir or shake again, then refrigerate for 24 hours. Serve over ice.

*I never, ever spend more than $3.00 per bottle of wine - Charles Shaw & Sea Ridge are usually my "go to" wines for this recipe. Cabernet & Chardonnay are the varietals I use.

No comments: