Thursday, August 27, 2009

A New Outlook On My Blog...

So, two years ago my New Year's resolution was to start writing a blog. I completed my resolution, but never resolved to write on it regularly. I wrote periodically, mainly just to rant, especially around election time, because I was so sick of the misinformation being publicized and the hysteria it invoked. But again, life got in the way and I discovered Facebook, Twitter, etc. So again, gogomom was ignored...

On FB, I constantly post my dinner menu & my sweet friends always respond positively! Last night, my good pal Annie suggested I start blogging my menus and recipes - so here I am, reviving gogomom as my little recipe blog! I'm going to leave up my rants, comments & blurbs because they are how I feel or felt at the time, but going forward I'm going to focus on food and drinks, with a little rant here and there! ;)

Some of my recipes are my creations, most are from friends, cooking shows and cookbooks - I do usually put my own twist on them. I love to create meals, but I don't think I'm creative enough to grab ingredients and go! I'm more into taking recipes and making them quicker, tastier, and more plentiful. I encourage you to post your own comments, ideas and responses to my recipes, as I love the input!

This is very exciting for me, as I have always wanted to own a restaurant or cafe - ownership of this blog will be close enough (without the cash investment or risk). So, thank you for indulging me in my new calling - I hope you enjoy it!

1 comment:

Jeri Keith said...

B-
Thanks for doing this, I think you are going to help my marriage! You're humor makes me smile, and I love to just read your blurbs and appreciate that we are all in the same boat~
Loves,
JerBear