Saturday, April 30, 2011

Seafood Salad

So we're about a month away from our pool club opening for the summer season. During the summer, we're at the pool almost every day, all day and we take easy meals to snack on that everyone can enjoy. One of my favorite items to make is seafood salad. I used to buy it at the grocery store, but a price of $5/lb. was ridiculous! So, I figured out a recipe on my own and my family likes it just as much as the store bought version. I serve it with crackers, on green salad or as a sandwich - it makes a great alternative to tuna. Enjoy!


Seafood Salad

1 12 oz package imitation crab, flake style
3 stalks celery, finely chopped
3 bunches green onion, finely chopped
1 tsp lemon juice
½ c mayonnaise
Pepper

Shred the imitation crab with two forks or your hands, so that the crab is no longer in big chunks. Add celery, onion, lemon juice and mayonnaise; mix thoroughly with a fork*. season with pepper to taste and serve immediately.

*If you would like the salad creamier, add mayonnaise in teaspoon increments until desired consistency reached.

No comments: