Monday, September 28, 2009

Grilled Chicken with Chipotle BBQ Sauce

I love the smoky, spicy taste of chipotle; it's one of my favorite ingredients! I take a can of chipotle in adobo sauce (which you can find in the Mexican food aisle), puree it in my food processor and keep it in my refrigerator for use. Here's a really yummy barbecue sauce that I found in an ad and substituted hot sauce with chipotle.

Grilled Chicken with Chipotle BBQ Sauce

2 c tomato sauce
1/4 c cider vinegar
1/2 c dark brown sugar
1/4 c honey
1/3 c dark beer
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp dried yellow mustard
2 tbsp pureed chipotle

1 lb chicken, cut up
Sea salt

In medium saucepan, combine sauce ingredients and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 15 minutes. Take off heat and set aside.

Rinse chicken; sprinkle with salt. Cook chicken on grill, turning and brushing with BBQ sauce for approximately 30 minutes.

No comments: